Technological advancements, demographic shifts, and geopolitical situations – all of these have a significant bearing on the global job market; the pressure on both, recruiters and candidates is enormous. Recruiters are facing a tough time alluring candidates with specialized skill sets, given the high demand for such talent. And it is against such a complex and aggressive job market scenario that the need for job boards to connect the right talent with a recruiter arises. Job boards, through job aggregation and job wrapping, are helping recruiters find their way out of the maze of recruitment. But to do so, job boards themselves need to stay on top of the trends that govern their field in 2018 and ensure they’re doing what it takes to stay relevant.
Recruitment is no longer that simple a game; there’s so much that’s changed so quickly. Jargons like employer branding, communication strategy, competitive intelligence, and Boolean search are being thrown around loosely, highlighting the need for job boards to identify the disguised opportunities and leverage them to become leaders in their space.
Job Board trends in 2018
Job boards are the biggest disruptors in the hiring market. They have expanded the horizons of employers, taking them beyond the usual ATS and career sites. Gone are the days when job boards were nothing but a bulletin for online job ads; that was in the 90s! Today, job boards have become a marketing channel for employers. And as a direct consequence, recruiters expect customization and a whole lot of other ‘relevant to the current recruitment landscape’ supportive features from job boards. Job boards must, therefore, rise up to the situation and boom their business by understanding and satisfying the unique demands of their clients.
In 2018, job boards will be seen giving employers a platform to establish their presence regularly and to register themselves as brands before candidates. To do so, job boards must ensure they’re:
- Giving all job postings a consistent look and feel
- Bringing forth the core values, culture, and uniqueness of the employer through emails and text messages
- Promoting the employer’s potential before the job board’s audience through job fairs, web, and emails, etc.
- Allocating a separate spot for the employer’s job postings on, say, the homepage of the job board
- Enabling them to build a pipeline of candidates much before the need for them arises
Job boards are a boon for recruiters and employers that help them sail through the tides of competitive recruitment. So then, what’s the problem? Recruiters and job boards seem to be a match made in heaven, isn’t it?
Yes, indeed! But we warned you right in the beginning of this article that the job market is anything but static; it is in a constant state of flux, all the time. The velocity at which new jobs are being created, the high volume in which they are being created, and the variety of sources that these job postings come from, all pose a big challenge before the job boards. And since employers look up to job boards for remediation, the onus now lies on the latter to find a way out.
The need for job wrapping arises
Job boards face a tough time in tracking down the innumerable job postings across a gazillion career sites, globally. The whole process is quite resource-intensive and quite frankly not the best utilization of a job board’s time. The purpose of a job board is to aid employers in their hunt for the best talent and not spend their valuable time searching for job postings. This is where the role of job wrapping comes in.
Job wrapping, in simple words, is the process of capturing job postings from an employer’s website and posting them on a job board that the employer wants to advertise on. Job wrapping is an arrangement under which job postings and any updates on them are regularly reported from the employer’s ATS or career site on a designated job board. But that’s not it! Job wrapping as a service has a lot more to offer job boards:
- Retains the entire format, spacing, and structure of the job ad created by the employer or recruiter
- Retains the employer’s preferred method for accepting applications
- Translates HTML code into a format that retains the spacing tags compatible with the job board, automatically
- Replaces the non-supported spacing tags in the format of job ads with other supported ones to ensure a professional and aesthetic look for all ads
- Helps with improved SEO ranking for employers as it retains the SEO-ready ad copy in its entirety
- Helps job boards by eliminating the need for their clients to spend time on formatting ad copies to make them compatible with job boards. Job wrapping does this on the employer’s behalf
- Gives a job board a complete job listing from the most coveted and top recruiters and employers
- Makes your job board the number one choice for job hunters
- Increases the hunting activity on the job board and as a result, attracts more revenue-generating clients
Job automation = job aggregation + job wrapping
Job wrapping, in association with job aggregation, automates the entire process of finding and reporting job vacancies from the employer’s career site onto the job board. Job wrapping makes the whole process smooth, seamless, and efficient. It scours the whole Internet for direct listings from recruiter or employer websites and puts them up on job boards. And if you’re using premium job wrapping services, like that of Propellum, then job wrapping is a part of the larger process of job automation. Propellum’s job wrapping service accurately aggregates job postings from corporate career sites, classifies them, and boosts job boards with relevant job ads. The entire process is automated, which means that right from identifying the job postings to bringing them to job boards to updating them as and when required, the job board has to get involved nowhere; the job wrapping service provider does everything on their behalf.
Here’s more on what a job board can expect from a premium job wrapping service like Propellum:
- Customization to meet the specific business needs of the job board
- Future-proof technology that ensures any technological upgradation in the field is automatically taken care of
- Round the clock support of domain experts and technical teams
- Takes into account the requirements stated by job boards, which stem from the requirements of the job board’s clients
- Accurate import of all kinds of job feeds
- Classifies jobs into relevant categories, industries, job types, experience levels, and location, to name a few
- Compatibility with any and every job source that can be hosted online, such as online blogs, online doc files, ftp hosted files, etc.
- Global coverage with the provision of multilingual wrapping
- Seamless integration with a job board’s existing IT infrastructure
- Zero cost of implementation
- Dashboard for analytics and reporting
- Notifications via emails and text messages
Job boards need job wrapping in the same way as recruiter and employer sites need job boards. Job wrapping is an extremely niche service and you’ll rarely find service providers dedicated to job wrapping as a service alone. Most job board providers offer job wrapping as a secondary service and expect employers and recruiters to necessarily post their jobs on the job board’s platform to avail the job wrapping services. Specialized job aggregators and wrappers like Propellum have their sole focus on job wrapping alone and want job boards to focus on their core competencies, while everything else is looked after by them.